Director of Development – Guido Ministries – Metter, Georgia
Guido Ministries, now in its 66th year, has earned the reputation of being God-honoring and authentic in everything that we do. With a focus on serving God’s children that have been underrepresented, our mission is:
To provide those we serve with the opportunity to experience a personal spiritual transformation through the power of redemption and reconciliation. We accomplish this by entrusting, educating, equipping, enabling, and empowering individuals to wholeheartedly embrace and carry forward the Message. With compassion and authenticity, we guide and support individuals on their spiritual journey, empowering them to become devoted disciples of the transformative Message they have received.
We accomplish our mission through a variety of programs including a prison ministry, Bible College, daily devotional and monthly newsletter publications, as well as radio and television broadcasts. Although located in a rural community, our outreach is world-wide.
About the Role:
Guido Ministries seeks an experienced, entrepreneurial, and goal-oriented individual interested in being part of a principled and servant focused ministry to grow and manage all fundraising activities. With a donor base that spans from private foundations and high net worth individuals to those in our prison ministry program that donate stamps as their only way to tithe, we have broad appeal to those wanting to support our work in sharing God’s message.
The successful candidate will be creative and knowledgeable about best practices in philanthropy and interested in developing and executing tailored strategies for each donor and prospect. Good conversation and listening skills and knowledge of Christian topics of interest to donors are necessary to succeed in this role, and the ability to fit within the organization’s culture of compassion, financial stewardship and innovation.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive and clearly defined 3-year fundraising strategy. This plan will be developed in collaboration with the President and will focus on making sure that Guido Ministries has the necessary financial resources to support all of the Ministry’s annual programmatic and administrative objectives.
- Help identify and recruit new donors for Guido Ministries
- Identify and report on key program metrics that best represent the real-life impact and financial stewardship of the Ministry.
- Develop print and digital outreach materials that connect donors to our programs and inspire them to support our ministry by showcasing the direct impact of their investments.
- Updates and progress reports to major donors and foundations, demonstrating the impact of their contributions and the organization’s effective use of funds.
- Recommend and help implement strategies to enhance and grow existing donors’ giving levels.
- Maintain accurate and updated donor information in our CRM system.
- Obtain donor testimonials for direct mail, the Guido Ministries website, and other marketing materials.
- Create & write compelling fundraising proposals and presentations tailored to individual donors and private foundations highlighting the alignment between their philanthropic goals and Guido Ministry’s mission.
- Work with other members of the staff to plan and execute in-person events and activities for our donors throughout the year.
- Strong writing, oral communication, editing, marketing, advertising and publication skills.
- Consistent track record of creating and executing effective nonprofit strategies for donor recruitment, retention, and management.
- Demonstrated ability for handling multiple, complex giving initiatives simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Superb interpersonal and communication skills, including oral and written and the ability to inspire donors.
- Two or more years experience of in successful fundraising.
- Experience in managing CRM fundraising software.
- Proven track record with at least 5 years experience in planning and initiating successful fundraising strategies.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in relevant or fund-raising activities.
Employment Details and Benefits
- Full-Time, in-person located in Metter, Georgia
- Salary Range: $45,000-$60,000
- Benefits: include 401k after one year of employment; up to 4% match; 50% health care insurance coverage; 15 paid vacation days; including the majority of holidays and extra days at Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- Travel: Regional
Send resumes to: [email protected].
For additional information, call Guido Ministries at (912) 685-2222.